The hospital was established on 1954 as a dispensary. In 1982 it has been upgraded to become a health center and in 1990 the hospital upgraded again to become a Municipal/District hospital. In October 2010 the hospital was announced by the Government Gazette as a regional referral hospital with 350 workers of different carders.
About 50% of the communities are economically poor, hence it makes a large number of people to exempted for medical care from those who identified by the MoHSW (Elderly, Pregnant women, and under-five year old children). The main economic activities are fishing, industries, marketing, livestock and agriculture.
Malaria Diagnosis and Treatment
TB Diagnosis,Care and Treatment
Cardiouvascula Care and Treatment
HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment
Reproductive & Child Health Care Services
Growth Monitoring/Nutrition & Surveliance
Oral Health Services(Dental Serices)
Sterilazation and Infection Control
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania